How Technology Will Change in the Next Decade
There are many ways technology will change in the next decade. Here are some ways this technology will change in the next decade:
Microcomputer. Today you might have a computer that is around a few inches long, but there are other sizes in which computers will become smaller. Many, if not all of us will be able to use computers with small screens because the technology needed to make screens small enough has become more popular and easy to use.
Mobile Computers. You may not be familiar with the term, but they are already here.
Fast Food Restaurants. Most people do not realize this, but your food is being prepared for you right now before it gets to your table. This is made possible by the use of microwave ovens.
Gaming Consoles. Many people think of them as not being real gaming consoles because they are just screens.
Water Cooler. Yes, it will be coming. People will not need to keep extra bottles of water around, so we can save money on water.
DVD Players. Those who need to watch a movie every day will be able to do so without having to carry around a bulky machine with many controls. This is another great thing that we can do with technology.
Magazine Readers. The magazines we read today are very expensive. With the prices of the magazines going up, the magazines that we do buy will probably cost less than they did before the advent of the internet.
Postal Mail. It costs us a lot to send out a postcard. Some people are willing to pay much more to have a postcard sent to them.
Letters. It used to be that letters had to be postmarked and then mailed back. Now it is faster to have a letter mailed to us.
Letters sent electronically. The computer is becoming much more powerful and can send information back and forth more quickly than the old method of paper. One example is emailing, where we send an email to someone and we get their response back instantly.
These are just a few ways that technology will change in the next decade. When you see the future, it won’t be as black and white as everyone else’s perception of the future, but there will be more technological advancements.
Innovations to Watch Out For
Understanding how technology will change in 2020 will help you plan for the changes that are coming. It is also useful to note that these predictions have been made with the assumption that technological progress will continue at its current rate. We may very well see changes in pace that are faster or slower than these predictions.
- New technologies such as 3D printing, wireless internet access, and social media are expected to transform society in some ways, however, other new technologies will bring about significant disruption. For example, advances in artificial intelligence and robotics will challenge the human workforce and most businesses.
- These new technologies may become pervasive in our everyday lives. For example, computer software is now integrated into almost every aspect of our lives, while healthcare has seen some dramatic improvements as a result of some new medical technologies.
- With healthcare, some new advances in robotic medicine and robotic surgery will allow patients to recover much faster and with more effective results. On the other hand, innovations in robotics will allow for greater independence and protection in this area.
- There are two different types of impact that will be seen with new technologies: positive and negative. In the long run, the negative will be far more severe because technology will lead to further commoditization, further industrialization, and higher prices.
- The positive can be seen in the impact that these new technologies will have on education, medicine, and social life. The combination of healthcare with computer software and wireless internet access will lead to a more efficient healthcare system and social interaction.
- Similarly, the introduction of computer software for use in schools and in hospitals will lead to an increase in educational performance. These technological advancements will also allow for more efficient and effective communication and teaching.
However, new technologies are also likely to make work more stressful. As computers and technology become more prevalent in business processes, it is possible that organizations will struggle to keep up with the rising demand for their services.
In the next decade, some of the new technologies that will see the light of day will be able to perform tasks that would have previously been beyond the capabilities of humans. Some of these technologies are now starting to advance to this level and we should expect further improvements in this area.
Many of the technologies that are currently being developed will play a role in the future of how technology will change in 2020. It is important to note that the impact of the technologies we expect to see will vary greatly from one industry to another.
A good starting point is to look at the major trends that will be discussed in this article to get a good idea of how to prepare for the future impact of new technologies. This will help to ensure that your business and personal life remain flexible.